Dreams #0005 - Disaster, Violin, Gift

1) I began this dream in an urban neighborhood. I walked between two buildings with a roof connecting them. There were random box-shaped steps at the end of one hallway. When I attempted to climb up the steps, I would turn around and there would be even more steps to climb. There was a break in the dream, but I finally walked out of the hallway onto a green patch of grass. I saw a tall building or steel tower (also boxy in shape). I looked up, and four men in orange hats attempted to coordinate some last-minute building infrastructure processes. However, at an inopportune moment, I looked up and saw a slab of concrete fall down. Luckily, it did not hit any of the construction workers. I was standing about a quarter mile away from the building, but in an instant, I saw a whole floor topple off of the building and yelled to the workers. Somehow, the entire building fell apart, but the workers neither reacted normally nor ran away. I turned away before I saw any more building pieces hitting the ground.

I guess this is a subconscious reaction to reading news about natural disasters before going to bed...

2) In my second dream, I was standing in a crowd in an artsy area, waiting for a concert. I stood for awhile, when a youngish Hispanic lady approached me and Bro. I spoke to her about music, but I spoke to her as if we were strangers. A bit later, she talked to me and revealed that we had actually met a year ago (dream-me had a lapse in memory, I suppose). I continued to talk to her and she invited us to another event for the next day.

The next time we met her, we went to a nice garden outside of a place with an archaic air (may have been her house or a music conservatory). We spoke more about our love of music, when I asked her about buying violins. She replied, "Why do you have to buy one? I'll give you mine..." I was surprised and replied, "...But don't you need it?" Her answer was ambiguous, but I felt that she was giving up on music - she enjoyed playing violin and has done it for a long time, but she is going to pursue her other passions. She meant it to be a gift so that I could fulfill my/Bro's wish to hone our skills in violin. I was so touched by this gift, but I woke up with no violin, yet felt inspired by an example of human kindness created in my head.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comicon 2008

Jury Duty

Bitterness and Fear - Dreams #0002: Heat Motifs