Bad Sleep/Dreams #0003: Haunted House, Wayans Bros., Camera

For weeks, I haven't had a good sleep...

Let me briefly recount the two terrifying dreams that I remember.

1) I was spending time with a policeman, doing research on a specific crime or crime scene. There was a supposedly haunted house in which a crime was committed a few days ago. He kind of looked like the policeman from Heroes, but maybe a bit more handsome. This policeman led me into that house and we were exploring it in broad daylight. However, once we were inside, the drapes and other ghastly details had dimmed the light in the house by several notches. So, it was relatively dark in the house. I was walking behind the policeman (or he was walking behind me - I don't quite remember), when I somehow lost the guy. I was terrified out of my mind, since I thought that the criminals might still be lurking around, or that there were ghosts in the house. I made a 360 degree turn, when I realized that the policeman was not in close range. I got the cold sweats and my heart started to beat faster. Then, two men came at me with scary faces and I screamed. The policeman instantly showed up and found that the two men who ran to me were part of the police force, though they were dressed as civilians. This policeman was very annoyed, maybe even pissed, that they would behave so unprofessionally. He gestured for the two men to leave the house. I was looking around at this moment when I spotted the shadow of something moving past the furniture...near a dark doorway or something. I was scared to even ask what that might be, so we ended up leaving this haunted house, as well.

2) I was hanging out in a classroom, when three Wayans Brothers showed up. Shawn, Damon, and Marlon came to teach calculus to some high school kids. I was very starstruck, but when I busted out my camera, I shockingly found that my camera's memory stick was full (or was it missing?). Next, when I tried to press down on the shutter button, it would not capture the picture. I was extremely frustrated and annoyed. Oh, Sony Digicam P-100, thou hast failed me in my dream. I noticed that, outside, there were lots of people eating from a buffet, but when I got there, the buffet table was already cleaned up. Oh wells, no free food for me.

Why haven't I been getting good quality sleep?
1) Been sleeping around 3am or 4am every day. Of course, this could be prevented...
2) ...However, when me and bro planned to sleep at midnight once, the plan backfired. I fell asleep for about 2 hours and woke up again at 2:30 or so. The short sleep felt like a nap, so I was refreshed. I got up and read a book until I fell asleep again around 3am or 4am. THAT is what you call a bad habit. BAD! The day after, I was paranoid about not getting that much sleep...and as a result, the quality wasn't as great again...as predicted.
3) I'm getting nervous about going to China...thinking about all the stuff I have to do before getting there (packing, making sure I get started in my readings and that my homework is done), when I first get there (taking care of paperwork and residency issues), and finally, during my stay...

Durrh, I've been fatigued during the times I get up, but I need to change this. I need to make sure I'm not jetlagged and that I get better quality sleep once I get to Hangzhou.

On the upside, I've had many a chill day, either seeing friends or staying home to do...just about nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comicon 2008

Jury Duty

Bitterness and Fear - Dreams #0002: Heat Motifs