Scary Health Ordeal

At the risk of disseminating too much information...I had the worst monthly pain in my history. Let's skip over the womanly details and go straight to the strange, hurty stuff:
  • I had the the worst headache last week. It was the weirdest sensation I have ever experienced, outside of almost-fainting. I had been working, mostly walking around and looking at a piece of white paper with writing. After a bit of walking, I saw some squiggly wavy lines at the corner of my right eye. These wavy lines resembled the heat mirages that you might see when driving down a road in sunny California. I was a bit confused about why I was seeing things, when I started to notice that I couldn't read my paper. The numbers and letters were whited-out by some neurological light. It was most curious.
  • Ten minutes later, I was begging to lay down. I had a migraine with sharp, indescribable pain that prevented me from doing further work. I began to feel nauseous, a harbinger of wahness. About twenty minutes later, I felt a strong sensation of nausea overcome me and I hovered over the toilet four times. It was not good. My stomach was emptied.
  • After I laid down to rest, I researched my strange symptoms and found that I had experienced "migraine with auras," which is experienced by approximately 20% of the population. I was fine that night, except for the fact that I had slept too much...
  • However, the day after, I experienced overwhelming confusion. I was writing something and I became so confused about whether it made sense or not. I rarely get confused - I usually question how I can improve my writing.
  • I also had these strange tempers - I would feel empowered by something, but all of a sudden, I became the exact opposite - a crying mess.

I suppose this is an example of the ways that unaddressed stress may affect a person. It's important to take care of oneself and heed such symptoms. Have I done anything to address these symptoms or my invisible stress? Not really, but I'm going to start working out and doing things to lower my stress level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comicon 2008

Jury Duty

Bitterness and Fear - Dreams #0002: Heat Motifs