2011-2012: Busy, Busy!

I haven't updated lately because I've been so busy living life! Here's what I've been up to for the past 10 months:
  • Worked at three jobs in different fields. For the majority of 2011, I planned programs for Chinese business people, but I also took on positions that reflected my passions - graphic design/media and marketing. I am currently working at an online start-up and I've learned a lot about blogging, link-building, and SEO!
  • My friend and I started up a YouTube channel in March 2011. Our angle? Offering our unique viewpoints and commentary whilst vlogging at events and retail locations. We actually made several genres of video - stop animation, parodies, and...others that are more difficult to categorize. Well, what a ride it's been! I've gotten to know some awesome YouTubers/filmmakers/artists, as this is a tight-knit community. It's such an inspiration to be surrounded by so many talented individuals.
  • Some traveling was had, as I journeyed to the East Coast (a pimpin' business trip), Alaska, New Mexico, and Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to more adventures in the near future.
  • I began working with a talented group of Asian American filmmakers on a groundbreaking documentary - you'll hear about it very soon! I am on both the marketing and sponsorship teams - challenging, but extremely rewarding work! The project will be released in summer of 2012 - only a few months away...
  • I attended CES and met tons of wonderful, ambitious, passionate people! My favorite moments were: 1) joining a fun company's booth at a party when my group ran late and 2) finding out that I was invited to a party because of a silly YouTube video I made (said the CEO).
  • Recently, I gave a VP Public Relations training presentation to 83 club officers. Although I only slept four hours, I think the presentation went well!
  • It seems like I'm always busying myself with tasks, but they are all a means to an end (financial freedom). On my to-do list for this year:
    • Further enhancing my Internet marketing skills with quality job experience.
    • Business development for companies of friends and family.
    • Helping the Asian American documentary succeed.
    • Reaching the next level in Toastmasters and helping local clubs develop their public relations campaigns.
    • Starting a blog or two (!!) and making use of my Internet marketing knowledge.
    • Taking Tech Entrepreneurship classes through Stanford's free online courses.
    • Training my voice for...Carnegie Hall!!
    • Creating more videos. I have a couple that are in progress, but it's hard to allocate time to them when I have so much going on!
I'm currently working on an e-commerce website for a business and I'll keep all my updates within one post, so that I (and others) can understand how I've progressed in developing the site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comicon 2008

Jury Duty

Bitterness and Fear - Dreams #0002: Heat Motifs